Club members only - Send a Personal Message to moderator for Access
exdevildogcpl

Beer Tour

Post by exdevildogcpl »

I will not be able to go on the beer tour. :( You guys have a great time! :)

Bob
tony b

Post by tony b »

John and I are in for the trip, but we don't want to stay overnight. We'd have to kennel the dogs, an added expense.
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

UPDATE:

So far we have two groups for the trip. One group staying overnight and another that will comeback the same day. Here is a list of who I have so far. If you are not on the list, please post if you want to go overnight or come back ASAP!

Overnight (8 people):
Larry
Matt
Brian
Dave C
Tom
Michelle
Jeremy + Spouse

Come back Saturday (6 people):
Karl + Spouse
Tony
John
David + Spouse

With the current group sizes it is becoming less necessary to rent a vehicle. 8 could ride in two vehicles or one if you want to sqeeze in the third row of my Honda Pilot. It rides 7 comfortably, but has seats for 8. Anybody have something else to fit 8? The group of 6 could easily do a minivan or SUV. We can still rent something if nobody wants to volunteer an adequate vehicle. The concerns with renting are, I am not renting a vehicle in my name that I will not be driving. Big liability issue. If we are to rent a vehicle, the club will pay, but a driver will need to rent it in their name. Check with your credit card as most supply insurance for car rental. We will need to determine what we need to get there. I will drive my car with some passengers if necessary and we can rent a large van if we get some more travelers soon.

If we can take private vehicles, that would be much simpler. The club will pay for everyone's gas to get there and back along with free meals for the drivers. Right now we plan on four stops starting at 10 am and arriving at the fourth place after 6 pm. Thus far, no vehicles have been reserved for this trip.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Friend of the Devil Belgian Golden Strong
Imperial Stout
tony b

Post by tony b »

Given how much beer I plan to consume, I'd rather not drive. My car will only hold 4 comfortably, 5 if the 3 in the back seat are all skinny and like each other a lot :wink: .
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
JBrew

Post by JBrew »

Sorry for being a holdout, I just recieved permission from my wife and employer. I would like to join the group returning Saturday.

Thanks, Justin

Edit: To reveal identity.
Last edited by JBrew on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lpapkin

Post by lpapkin »

Just as a reminder, please include a signature with a posted message so we know who is sending it. Especially with a bunch of new members, its difficult to tell who everyone is if there isn't a signature included.

Cheers, Larry
Larry
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Latest group list:

Overnight (8 people):
Larry
Matt
Brian
Dave C
Tom
Michelle
Jeremy + Spouse

Come Back Saturday (8 people):
Karl + Spouse
Tony
John
David + Spouse
Justin
Bret
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Imperial Stout
tompb

Post by tompb »

Do we have a set intinerary yet? I'm itchin' to know what beers I might experience. Are we going to stop at a liquor store to see what is available along the way? Just some questions for the meeting.

See ya then

Tom
Lower Case T

New Plan

Post by Lower Case T »

OK, I'm in too. If I can come that is. I'll sleep with Matt where ever he is sleeping. Hopefully in bag in the barn.

Are you going to the barn party? If there are 9 people (now that I'm in, if you'll let me) who is staying where? Hotel, cow pasture, barn, or I'll sleep in my car. Thats cool too.

If this totally screws you up then I'll just stay home and cry.
LCT
bkanderson

Post by bkanderson »

What the Hell. Are you new to the club. I think we discussed this about 3 months in a row. Now you decide to go. I think I could remove the spare tire and have you ride on the back...or we could strap a lawn chair to the top of the RV and let you ride there. If we get a lawn chair the reclines, problem solved, ride and sleeping quarters in the same place.

No really, glad you can make it. We'll find room for you in the RV and as for sleeping, I heard there is a slow oil leak the is calming if you want to sleep under the RV.
Brian Anderson
Lower Case T

Post by Lower Case T »

OK, I just now read the beginning of the this thread. You know---that part were your trying to get DEFINITE numbers asap. Maybe I should have jumped this band wagon sooner.

I completely understand if you tell me to stay home and take away all access to this forum. I only ask that you retire the name Lower Case T and any derivative there of.

I could also just follow the van/bus/RV in my pimp mobile. I haven't slept in a car since high school. This could be fun and nostalgic!
LCT
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Travis you are in. You can sleep in my tent, but now wetting the bed. Bring a sleeping bag. I have a spair sleeping pad if you need it.

Latest group list:

Overnight (9 people):
Larry
Matt
Brian
Dave C
Tom
Michelle
Jeremy + Spouse
Travis (Lower Case T)

Come Back Saturday (7 people):
Karl + Spouse
Tony
John
David A
Justin
Bret

Itinerary is basically New Glarus, Ale Asylum (lunch), Tyranena or Capital, Barn Party or other such as Great Dane if not attending Barn Party. Final details confirmed at next meeing.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Imperial Stout
Lower Case T

Post by Lower Case T »

Are we sharing a sleeping bag?

Answer correctly to win the jackpot!!!!!!

Really though I'll have to dig something up or go buy one. I haven't slept outdoors in a long, long time. Since Woodstock in Rome, New York I think.
LCT
BrewHound

Post by BrewHound »

Ok, now I am totally confused. Are we going to Madision for the night or to the barn party thing. I ran into Dave the other night and he mentioned RV's and barn parties? I am not sure that I currently have supplies to go on a camping excursion.

Could someone please post an itinerary or some kind of route and our plans so that I can make a decision as to what I am doing.
BrewHound

Post by BrewHound »

Ok, now I am totally confused. Are we going to Madision for the night or to the barn party thing. I ran into Dave the other night and he mentioned RV's and barn parties? I am not sure that I currently have supplies to go on a camping excursion.

Could someone please post an itinerary or some kind of route and our plans so that I can make a decision as to what I am doing.