May Tech Meeting

Monthly tech meetings
carrisr
Site Admin

May Tech Meeting

Post by carrisr »

I was planning on doing the judging for the Classic American Pilsner comp for the May tech meeting. However, I will be out of town the week of May 2nd. So I propose we do it Wednesday the 9th instead.

We need someone to host, as well as volunteers to help. If you have a beer in the comp (there's 4 entries), you can still attend and be a steward. Judging experience is not required, as part of the point is to help people get experience.

Please post if you can host and/or help.
Randy Carris
Randy All the Time Brewing
DrPaulsen

May Tech Meeting

Post by DrPaulsen »

I can't judge or host, but am willing to steward.

Lee

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM, carrisr <brew-techmeet@crbeernuts.org (brew-techmeet@crbeernuts.org)> wrote:
I was planning on doing the judging for the Classic American Pilsner comp for the May tech meeting. However, I will be out of town the week of May 2nd. So I propose we do it Wednesday the 9th instead.

We need someone to host, as well as volunteers to help. If you have a beer in the comp (there's 4 entries), you can still attend and be a steward. Judging experience is not required, as part of the point is to help people get experience.

Please post if you can host and/or help.

Randy Carris
Cedar Log Brewhouse
CR Beer Nuts Event Coordinator

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
kjball

Post by kjball »

I can judge,
Bad people drink bad beer. You don't usually see an empty bottle of Rochefort tossed onto the side of the road
kjball

Post by kjball »

Do we have a location for this yet?
Bad people drink bad beer. You don't usually see an empty bottle of Rochefort tossed onto the side of the road
carrisr
Site Admin

May Tech Meeting

Post by carrisr »

Not yet. Please guys we need a location or it wil have to be at my house. I could still use another judge too.

On 05/03/12 11:07, kjball wrote:
Do we have a location for this yet?

Randy Carris
kjball

Post by kjball »

OK, if we need a place, I can host. It will be tight, and I really don't have a good parking set-up. I'll get the address out later if we decide to meet at my house.
kjball

Post by kjball »

we also need 2 more judges.
JimPotts
Site Admin

May Tech Meeting

Post by JimPotts »

There's an off-chance that I might be able to host, and be a judge.

TappedOut

Post by TappedOut »

I checked w/ the wife, and I can host again this month. I can also judge, should folks wish to submit their beer to my judgement. My daughter has taught me great constructive criticism: "This smells like feet." I'll try to work that in.
Should Randy accept this mission, the address is 528 Forest Dr SE.
- Tom T
carrisr
Site Admin

Post by carrisr »

Thanks Tom for stepping up!

OK, so our CAP judging/Tech Meeting will be held at Tom T's house this Wednesday night. As usual, we'll meet at 7:30 for an informal opportunity to share any beers you want feedback on. If you are participating in the judging process please be there by 7:45 at the latest so we can begin by 8pm.

All are welcome to come and observe. If we have more people than needed as judges, you can still see how the process works, keep your own notes, and see how your judging skills compare to other's. You can also bring a CAP even if you didn't get it done in time for the comp. It won't be part of the official comp but you can still get feedback if we have time.

So far as Judges we have Randy, Kent, and Tom. Lee has volunteered to steward. I'll bring judging materials.
Randy Carris
TappedOut

Post by TappedOut »

Anything you need from my end, Randy, apart from my basement?
carrisr
Site Admin

May Tech Meeting

Post by carrisr »

Tom, if you have a table and chairs we could use that would be great. I have a folding table we can use if needed.

On 05/08/12 09:10, TappedOut wrote:
Anything you need from my end, Randy, apart from my basement?

Randy Carris
DrPaulsen

Post by DrPaulsen »

Just to be clear, this is set for tomorrow night, 9-May, correct?

Thanks,
Lee
carrisr
Site Admin

May Tech Meeting

Post by carrisr »

Correct.

On 05/08/12 09:42, DrPaulsen wrote:
Just to be clear, this is set for tomorrow night, 9-May, correct?

Thanks,
Lee

Randy Carris
kjball

Post by kjball »

I'll get there as soon as I can. My wife has a meeting tomorrow night until 7 of 7:30, I'll leave as soon as she gets home and relieves me of children