Canopy anchors

Club members only - Send a Personal Message to moderator for Access
brownbeard

Canopy anchors

Post by brownbeard »

There is going to be rain, and maybe some wind on saturday. We should make sure we have a way to anchor our canopies at the event.
You can't get with this with a bad hip - Matt
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Anybody have some cyinder blocks and rope?
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Friend of the Devil Belgian Golden Strong
Imperial Stout
kjball

Post by kjball »

I have cinder blocks, but someone will have to pick them up
Bad people drink bad beer. You don't usually see an empty bottle of Rochefort tossed onto the side of the road
middleTspeer

Post by middleTspeer »

I have rope. I may be able to pick up the cinder blocks if I the timing works out between now and then.
mjensen52402

Canopy anchors

Post by mjensen52402 »

Doesn't the guy at Benz have cinder blocks? Somebody should ask him. On Oct 10, 2012 1:17 PM, "middleTspeer" <brew-members@crbeernuts.org (brew-members@crbeernuts.org)> wrote:
I have rope. I may be able to pick up the cinder blocks if I the timing works out between now and then.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
TappedOut

Post by TappedOut »

I've got a couple (I think) empty kegs I can fill w/ water. That might be better/easier than cinder blocks.
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Latest forecast:
We are still tracking a larger storm system that will affect the state on Saturday. It will be windy, with a south wind at 15 to 25 mph, which will bring warmer temperatures and more moisture back into the Midwest. Rain should start late Friday night and continue on and off through the day on Saturday. Most areas have a chance to see over and inch of new rainfall with this system.

Tell those that ask the rain should be off for most of the festival. :wink:
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Imperial Stout
JimPotts
Site Admin

Canopy anchors

Post by JimPotts »

"Spotty" at best. :)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Matt F <brew-members@crbeernuts.org (brew-members@crbeernuts.org)> wrote:
Latest forecast:
We are still tracking a larger storm system that will affect the state on Saturday. It will be windy, with a south wind at 15 to 25 mph, which will bring warmer temperatures and more moisture back into the Midwest. Rain should start late Friday night and continue on and off through the day on Saturday. Most areas have a chance to see over and inch of new rainfall with this system.

Tell those that ask the rain should be off for most of the festival. Image

JimPotts
Site Admin

Canopy anchors

Post by JimPotts »

Or should that be, "at worst?"  I think we should just go with "probably sunny during the fest."

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM, James Potts <jnpbrew@pottsylvania.com (jnpbrew@pottsylvania.com)> wrote:
"Spotty" at best. :)

Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Latest local weather reports I have seen.

The National Weather Service says Eastern Iowa is in a zone that can expect severe weather this week-end. The most critical area extends from north of Kansas City to just south of Minneapolis, including Linn and Johnson Counties. Some storms could become severe with damaging winds, periods of heavy rainfall, hail, and isolated tornadoes. The best chance for severe weather looks to be midday Saturday through the evening with showers continuing through Sunday. Officials are urging everyone to pay attention to news and weather bulletins this weekend, especially if heading outdoors.

A strong system will move into the Midwest late tonight into Saturday. We'll see a boost in temperatures early Saturday as warm, moist air surges north into Iowa. This will allow even bigger storms to develop Saturday afternoon and evening.

Here is my weather forecast.

A bad ass warm front is going to move in Saturday morning making for unseasonably warm and ideal beer drinking weather. Later in the afternoon after you have established a nice buzz an entertaining thunderstorm will roll through. Find a dry spot near the bar and enjoy yourself. Bring a rain jacket and leave your magui at home (unless you want more of those little bastards). It is going to be a great day.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Imperial Stout
quinton

Post by quinton »

Matt F wrote:
Here is my weather forecast.

A bad ass warm front is going to move in Saturday morning making for unseasonably warm and ideal beer drinking weather. Later in the afternoon after you have established a nice buzz an entertaining thunderstorm will roll through. Find a dry spot near the bar and enjoy yourself. Bring a rain jacket and leave your magui at home (unless you want more of those little bastards). It is going to be a great day.
This is all that needs to be read. Especially the part about not bringing your Magui.
JoeDotts

Post by JoeDotts »

We have about 25 cinder blocks at Benz. I'm also working on getting as much of the warehouse cleared out as possible so we can use that space as well.