Cedar Rapids Beer Nuts Home Brew Festival

Club members only - Send a Personal Message to moderator for Access
tony b

Post by tony b »

Travis, bring the CD to the Club meeting on Thursday. I'm sure we can find someone who can format and upload them to our webpage and/or Facebook.

If possible, can we get some of the better ones over to Benz so they can put them up on their Facebook page, too?
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
prieff

Post by prieff »

I am will to host them on my smugmug account if needed.  FB would work too. On Oct 14, 2012 7:44 PM, "tony b" <brew-members@crbeernuts.org (brew-members@crbeernuts.org)> wrote:
Travis, bring the CD to the Club meeting on Thursday. I'm sure we can find someone who can format and upload them to our webpage and/or Facebook.

If possible, can we get some of the better ones over to Benz so they can put them up on their Facebook page, too?

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy! Ben Franklin

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
beerguy2009

Post by beerguy2009 »

Looked like the event went well and people had a good time. I know I did!
Thanks to all the guys who worked so hard to plan everything!
Does anyone know how many attended (or at least bought a ticket) to the festival?

Kyle C.
brownbeard

Post by brownbeard »

beerguy2009 wrote:Looked like the event went well and people had a good time. I know I did!
Does anyone know how many attended (or at least bought a ticket) to the festival?

Kyle C.
We know it was over 300. Not sure on the exact figure yet. Probably between 325 and 350.
You can't get with this with a bad hip - Matt
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

I have received a lot of positive feedback from people I work with. Many of them mentioned they were really shocked at the difference between yeasts from the Tom Burns demonstration. Good job Tom. They all can't wait for next years event.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Friend of the Devil Belgian Golden Strong
Imperial Stout
JimF

Post by JimF »

When we count up our attendance don't forget the DD's.  I'd guess we had 25 of these unsung heros!  On Oct 15, 2012 11:28 AM, "brownbeard" <brew-members@crbeernuts.org (brew-members@crbeernuts.org)> wrote:
beerguy2009 wrote: Looked like the event went well and people had a good time. I know I did!

Kyle C.
We know it was over 300. Not sure on the exact figure yet. Probably between 325 and 350.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
Jim Fuller
Bird In The Hand Brewery

Life is good, when the beer is too...
carrisr
Site Admin

Post by carrisr »

Got the following feedback from my cousin:
"Had so much fun at the fest yesterday!!! NICE JOB. Weather turned out perfectly! Band was awesome. Never tapped your kolsch or at least I didn't c it :)"

Good job everyone! I was really wishing I could be there.

Also, did anyone pick up my keg or is it at Benz?
Randy Carris
Randy All the Time Brewing
brownbeard

Post by brownbeard »

We have glasses at Benz too
carrisr
Site Admin

Post by carrisr »

So does anyone have my keg? I'd really like to get it back, especially if it still has beer in it. Sounds like it might not have been tapped. Benz says it's not in the cooler, but they're checking the warehouse.
Randy Carris
Randy All the Time Brewing
brownbeard

Post by brownbeard »

carrisr wrote:So does anyone have my keg? I'd really like to get it back, especially if it still has beer in it. Sounds like it might not have been tapped. Benz says it's not in the cooler, but they're checking the warehouse.
It very well may be in the warehouse. We left several things there.
beerguy2009

Post by beerguy2009 »

carrisr wrote:So does anyone have my keg? I'd really like to get it back, especially if it still has beer in it. Sounds like it might not have been tapped. Benz says it's not in the cooler, but they're checking the warehouse.
I seem to recall someone saying they were taking it home and holding on to it for you. I just don't remember who said it.
tony b

Post by tony b »

I have both Randy's and Kent's kegs and yes they both still have beer in them. Both were on the bar early.

We flipped the entire tap run @ 4pm to give everyone's beers equal tap time. We had so many beers that I think that it would have taken most of the day to start blowing through them.

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
Steven P

Post by Steven P »

Tony, I expect you have the banner as well?
Cedar Rapids Beer Nuts Secretary

"Milk does a body good my ass. Beer is the healthier choice and hops are a wonderful medicine."
MattF
brownbeard

Post by brownbeard »

Steven P wrote:Tony, I expect you have the banner as well?
I have the banner