March 15 2007 Meeting at Matt Franklin's House.

Announcements and Discussions about brew-club meetings
DaveCo

March 15 2007 Meeting at Matt Franklin's House.

Post by DaveCo »

The March 15 2007 Meeting will be held at Matt Franklin's House. More details will follow.

Dave
Matt F

Directions to the March Meeting.

Post by Matt F »

The next meeting is at my house March 15 at 7:00 PM. I have a couple of TVs in the basement, so you basketball fans won't have to miss the March Madness action. I also may have a projector mounted by then but will have to use my wall as the screen for now.

The address is 1102 30th Street Drive SE (it really is Street Drive), Cedar Rapids, IA, 52403. If you use an online map be aware that the exact location on 30th Street Drive is usually wrong.

From the interstate, take the 29th St./32nd St. exit and head East on 29th Street towards 1st Ave. You will cross 1st Ave. and continue past a Walgreens. 29th Street curves sharply after crossing a creek and heads up a hill at which point it becomes 30th Street Drive. Continue on 30th Street Drive, my house is on the left/north side of the road.

You can also get there from East Post Road. You turn west at the 30th Street Drive/Lakeside road traffic light. My house will be on the right side of the road, just past Indian Hill Road.

I have a shared driveway with 1100 30th Street Drive. There is a large Greyhound type bus in my neighbor's driveway. Enter here and continue past the bus to the second house which is mine. The driveway entrance from the main road is between our respective blue county house number signs and mailboxes. Proceed slowly as the bumpy gravel road goes down a hill and turns sharply to the left and then back to the right. The house is finished, but as you will see, the outside still looks like a construction site.

See ya Thursday.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Friend of the Devil Belgian Golden Strong
Imperial Stout
Matt F

Directions to the March Meeting.

Post by Matt F »

The next meeting is at my house March 15 at 7:00 PM. I have a couple of TVs in the basement, so you basketball fans won't have to miss the March Madness action. I also may have a projector mounted by then but will have to use my wall as the screen for now.

The address is 1102 30th Street Drive SE (it really is Street Drive), Cedar Rapids, IA, 52403. If you use an online map be aware that the exact location on 30th Street Drive is usually wrong.

From the interstate, take the 29th St./32nd St. exit and head East on 29th Street towards 1st Ave. You will cross 1st Ave. and continue past a Walgreens. 29th Street curves sharply after crossing a creek and heads up a hill at which point it becomes 30th Street Drive. Continue on 30th Street Drive, my house is on the left/north side of the road.

You can also get there from East Post Road. You turn west at the 30th Street Drive/Lakeside road traffic light. My house will be on the right side of the road, just past Indian Hill Road.

I have a shared driveway with 1100 30th Street Drive. There is a large Greyhound type bus in my neighbor's driveway. Enter here and continue past the bus to the second house which is mine. The driveway entrance from the main road is between our respective blue county house number signs and mailboxes. Proceed slowly as the bumpy gravel road goes down a hill and turns sharply to the left and then back to the right. The house is finished, but as you will see, the outside still looks like a construction site.

See ya Thursday.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Friend of the Devil Belgian Golden Strong
Imperial Stout
Mr T

beer style and 4X4

Post by Mr T »

Is there a style for this meeting picked, or is it anything deemed beer?

Also, last I heard Matt was talking like I needed a 4X4 vehicle and a survival kit in case I get stranded on his drive way. Was this due to the weather, or is your drive something out of the ordinary. If that is the case, I'll have to talk my good twin Travis to pick me up on 30th and take me to your house in his truck which I hear is for purchase. Otherwise I might drink all the beer I brought on the walk to your front door on foot.

I'll be late, but looking forward to seeing everyone there again.

Mr. T
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

I think we chose kolsch, in fact 1st place award winning kolsch sounds pretty good right now....congrats on the IBU award!
pete

Left water bottle at Matt's house...

Post by pete »

Matt, thanks again to you and your wife for hosting the meeting last night, we all had a great time.

I left a large, green water bottle there, if you find it, could I (or my wife) stop by and pick it up some time?

Thanks, Pete
Trial & Error Brewing
kgkraus

Thanks for the Great Time

Post by kgkraus »

Matt,

A big thank you to you, your wife, and the rest of the brew club for making me feel so at home. It was almost like going to a regular meeting of the ATF but with different faces. Maybe I was at an ATF meeting and just drank to much strange brew dunno.

I am really looking forward to next months meeting and seeing what other goodies you guy's are brewing up. Hopefully soon we will be completely moved in and I can host one of meetings myself. I will starting trying to talk the wife into now, so possibly I may be able to host in May 2020 (just kidding).

Anyway big thanks to all of you for making me feel so welcomed. Hope my mouth wasn't to big and that you all enjoyed to brews that I had. Big sorry to you Bob for the "Bob's Hard Wood" joke on your brew, but I could not resist the temptation. I plan on starting a Belgian this weekend, but unfortunatly I don't think a big brew like that will be ready until a few meetings down the road.

PS: Does anyone have information on how I could get a ticket; possibly two for that big beer festival in Iowa City at the end of march. Though it was Teresa@millstone.com or something like that?

Sincerely,
Jeremy Orchuk
BrewHound
exdevildogcpl

Post by exdevildogcpl »

Try teresa@millstreambrewing.com.

Bob

P.S. No hard feelings on the "Hard Wood" depiction of the cask bitter.
kgkraus

Great Taste of the Mid West Bus Trip

Post by kgkraus »

Actually found Teresa while the forums were down and contacted her.
She not very surprizingly said that the trip was already sold out.
So if any of you find that you are not going to be able to make the trip or have a couple of extra tickets I would love to take them off of your hands.

I am looking for 2 tickets.
The event tickets do not actully go on sale until May 1.
But I would have to book a hotel quick, if I want to get one.
Driving would not be a good idea with the state I will most likely be in.
Anyway if anyone has an extra 2 tickets please PM me.

PS: Thanks Bob! Also think I found another member, he has been brewing for a while and is coming over to my house this weekend to learn the All-grain thing! We need to market a little better he has been here a while and had no idea you guy's existed.

Thanks,
Jeremy