Anovo v2

Way off-topic posts wind up here.
JimPotts
Site Admin

Anovo v2

Post by JimPotts »

Tried out the new version of the Anovo sous-vide cooker today. Here's my thoughts compared to the original.

The new interface isn't better or worse as far as I'm concerned. (I'm ignoring the smartphone app.)

+ The new impeller seems more powerful.

- The power cord is permanently attached.

- No power switch.

+++ The new movable clamp! This is a huge improvement.

+ Costs less.

Overall, I'm pleased.
fargo41

Re: Anovo v2

Post by fargo41 »

I have one as well, and it is my first sous vide cooker. I am liking the results so far. My only complaint I went for medium rare on a steak and it came out more done then I'd have liked. So the next time I used it, I used my thermoworks, the small cheap one, and it was reading about 3-4 degrees higher than what the anova thought it was. Looking back at emails I probably got one of the units they didn't get calibrated long enough; hopefully when the app comes out I'll get it calibrated.
Craig
tony b

Post by tony b »

Toyed with the idea of getting a 2nd one to get the movable clamp, and use the original one in the brew room (great temp control on your sparge water!), but Santa is kinda tapped out right now (brew rooms aren't cheap!)
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
carrisr
Site Admin

Post by carrisr »

Yeah, the only thing that interested me over the original was the clamp. The fixed one can be frustrating. It's not enough for me to spend the money for a new one though. Like Tony, I also use it in brewing so maybe someday if I have money to burn I'll upgrade.
Randy Carris
Randy All the Time Brewing