wyzzyrdd

Re: Aug 27 - Independence BBQ and Brew

Post by wyzzyrdd »

Derek has my kegs.
Pat McCusker
daryl

Post by daryl »

Matt F wrote:Reminder, Lee had trailer but no keys. I have the keys. Not aware of any copies. I am home tonight except when running errands. Text or call me 319-six-five-four-seven-seven-one-zero.
Dan met me out at Lee's. We're good! Thanks.
In the Fridge/On Tap: English Bitter, Schwarzbier, Cream Ale
In the keg: Wheat Beer, Russian Imperial Stout
In the bucket:
In the queue: Irish Red, American IPA
Derek

Post by Derek »

I have both Karls and Pats kegs, and will be seeing you in Independence.
daryl

Post by daryl »

Well, another Independence Brew BQ is in the books.

Many many thanks to Derek, Tony, Cal, and Shane for attending and running the booth. It was great fun and it was busy! We, and the other home brew clubs, were very popular. And thanks to Dan White for helping pull the necessary equipment out of the trailer for us to pour.

And thanks to everyone who contributed beer. We brought far more beers than any vendor or club, and folks commented on it....we had 30!

I'm afraid Pat McCuskers name may become somewhat legendary in association with the 2016 Brew BQ! We blew the Cherry and Traditional Meades (Derek was near to tears since he was taking them hope - for safe keeping - yeah, like we believed that!); Pat's brews had many many repeat customers and requests for the brewer. Pat, we'll take a raincheck for you to do your curtain call in 2017!

Proceeds from this year's Brew BQ is going to the Independence Area Food Pantry...and the proceeds of the Craft Brew Zone does quite a bit to generate the revenue necessary to hold the event and create the donation. So, it is doubly nice to know our efforts are contributing to a worthy cause.

Brew BQ 2016 was a lot of fun and took a great team effort to pull off. My thanks and hats-off to all of you; well done!

Let's rack it up and do it again next year.
In the bucket:
wyzzyrdd

Post by wyzzyrdd »

sounds like it was a blast.
Pat McCusker
tony b

Post by tony b »

You would have been the Belle of the Ball - folks seriously loved your stuff, Pat.
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
wyzzyrdd

Post by wyzzyrdd »

I would have liked to be there.

My mother-in-law passed away last Wednesday. Thursday was for making funeral arrangements. Saturday was for working off nervous energy in the yard until I couldn't lift my arms any more. Sunday was visitation, and the funeral was yesterday.
Pat McCusker
daryl

Post by daryl »

I am very sorry for your family's loss Pat. Others and I knew you had family-related issues to address this past week.

While we missed having you along, you responded to life absolutely appropriately....family first.
In the bucket:
tony b

Post by tony b »

So sorry, Pat.
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
Derek

Post by Derek »

Sorry for your loss, Pat.

I have your kegs (and Karl's) and can meet up most days, let me know what works for you. We'd talked about a meet up today. I have a short window between 5:30 and 6:15 tonight, or after 8:30. I have to be in Marion both before 5:30 and after 6:15 so a Marion meet-up would be best for me...if you want to do it today. Another Road? Ramsey's? Somewhere else? Karl it sounded like it was today or a few days from now...does any of this work for you?
karl

Post by karl »

Another Road at 5:30 works for me.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
On Tap at the Laughing-Kitten Pub:
* Foggy Bottom NEIPA
* Gluten Free Stoutish Ale
* Botched Bitter
* Club Barrel Robust Porter (cellar)
On deck/fermenting:
* Belle's Helles (cue AC/DC)
UndeadFred

Post by UndeadFred »

Sorry, I wanted to make it, but it literally was "I needed to be three places at once" situation all day Saturday. It sounds like a lot of fun, isn't that far away from my house (I'm up near Coggon/Troy Mills) and it is maybe something I can take the kids to. I'll try very hard to work it in next year...

Fred
wyzzyrdd

Post by wyzzyrdd »

I am just now getting out of work. I will plan to meet with you Wednesday between 5:30 and 6 pm. Let me confirm me schedule with my wife. I will post again later this evening.
Pat McCusker
wyzzyrdd

Post by wyzzyrdd »

So I am available both Wed and Thur right after work. So anytime from 5 pm to 6 pm works. Just let me know where and when you would like to meet.
Pat McCusker
Derek

Post by Derek »

Wednesday works better for me. I am not sure where you live, Pat. I can meet somewhere downtown, or elsewhere. I haven't beer to Iowa Brewing in the last week...