Thanks for a great time guys!

Club members only - Send a Personal Message to moderator for Access
UndeadFred

Thanks for a great time guys!

Post by UndeadFred »

Well, I am sorry to have kept this from everyone, but I had to make it past the Rockwell Collins end of FY'17. 19 years, 10 months and 2 days later. It's been a damned good run! I turned in my notice today at Rockwell Collins.

I had a job find me (I wasn't really looking) and it was an offer I couldn't refuse. I am going to take +35% and two pay grades higher at Raytheon Missle Systems in Tuscon, Arizona. I've had a lot of fun with this club and I will miss you guys. I'll miss a lot of things about Iowa, but there are more opportunities there for my family and obviously me.

Has anyone tried to move brewing equipment and a keezer, etc? Is it worth it? I just had my CO2 tank completely bite it, and am wondering if it is even worth transporting the empty 10# tank. It's a 10# tank though and they aren't very easy to come by.

I have a lot of hops and grain. If you know anyone interested, I'd be willing to sell what I have at a discount rather than move it. I'll try to make a list and get it up here soon.

Fred
daryl

Re: Thanks for a great time guys!

Post by daryl »

Congratulations on the new job and the nice pay bump. Trading one seasonal extreme for another though, weather-wise.

Haven't ever moved a brewing system...if you really like your system, I'm sure Raytheon will move it for you. But if have been thinking about some serious upgrades....the move and your pay bump provides the opportunity and the means for a serious upgrade.

Best of luck Fred.
In the Fridge/On Tap: English Bitter, Schwarzbier, Cream Ale
In the keg: Wheat Beer, Russian Imperial Stout
In the bucket:
In the queue: Irish Red, American IPA
tony b

Post by tony b »

Break a leg, kid!

Nice pay bump for sure! And there's worse places to live than AZ.
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
UndeadFred

Post by UndeadFred »

Thanks everyone. Once you go 1500 miles, you consider trashing everything before the move. I do have 20K lbs on Raytheon, so hopefully we will be under. I'm also going to go loaded with my little 5x8' trailer on the Jeep Patriot, but I have to keep that under 1000 lbs (with the trailer). The brewing system, being eBIAB is less of an issue than the keezer. But I'll attempt to have them move both. If they trash the chest freezer the keezer is based on, it's $175 to replace I suppose.

I like AZ, always have. It's one of those places you either love or hate (like Florida, California, etc.).. I know at least one of the family will probably hate it by the odds. As long as that isn't my wife, I think we will do good. AZ has better mental health disability support, so at least we won't have to wait 3.5 years for my son's intellectual disability waver like we have had to do here. We won't get much for it in either place but you really do need to get that in place before age 18.

Fred