Big Grove Wort Rally and Pour Event

Events around the area.
jjpeanasky

Re: Big Grove Wort Rally and Pour Event

Post by jjpeanasky »

tony b wrote:Since Solon is closed on Monday's, how are we supposed to pick up our wort there? Is there a special time that someone will be there to get our wort?
Good point, I'll follow up.

- Josh Peanasky
kjball

Post by kjball »

Hey guys, I think I'll be the one making your wort. Just come to the back brewery door. I'll be here most of the day til around 6. Let's try to get the wort picked up by then. If I need to stay later, let me know, we can try to work something out.
Bad people drink bad beer. You don't usually see an empty bottle of Rochefort tossed onto the side of the road
jjpeanasky

Post by jjpeanasky »

kjball wrote:Hey guys, I think I'll be the one making your wort. Just come to the back brewery door. I'll be here most of the day til around 6. Let's try to get the wort picked up by then. If I need to stay later, let me know, we can try to work something out.
Excellent, thanks! I don't know if Doug told you, but we have 10 gallons worth requesting buckets.

- Josh Peanasky
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

kjball wrote:Hey guys, I think I'll be the one making your wort. Just come to the back brewery door. I'll be here most of the day til around 6. Let's try to get the wort picked up by then. If I need to stay later, let me know, we can try to work something out.
What time do you think it will be ready to pick up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kjball

Post by kjball »

It all depends on if I have to attend a meeting that morning in IC. I would say 3 is a safe bet. but it could be much earlier than that depending on my morning schedule. I'll let you know when I know more
Bad people drink bad beer. You don't usually see an empty bottle of Rochefort tossed onto the side of the road
tony b

Post by tony b »

arnold931 wrote:FYI - Saturday morning is a Richard The Whale release, so I would stay away if I were you. :)
There's a big release party at Solon, as well, tomorrow. I was in there today for lunch and to drop off my keg with Kent and got the skinny. They are releasing 3 Richards (one on cask) and tapping a Goose Island Juliet keg, too. Should be crazy busy.
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
kjball

Post by kjball »

Gillian, not Juliet
tony b

Post by tony b »

Wort is ready for pickup. I just got home with mine.

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
jjpeanasky

Post by jjpeanasky »

Picture from pre-boil last night. Oh the secrets foam will keep!Image

- Josh Peanasky
twiggy2164

Post by twiggy2164 »

Checking sg after boil last night

Tattoo Travis
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Sufficiently sour, heading back into the kettle for hops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attachments
IMG_9912.JPG
(317.69 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
jjpeanasky

Post by jjpeanasky »

Okay all, passing along some details of the pouring event as I get them:

When: January 20th, pouring from 4:00pm to 7:00pm. It is being asked that brewers show up between 2pm and 2:30pm to help set up. We'll have a "homebrewer social" at 3pm to share beers meet our fellow brewers, and talk beer.

Where: Big Grove, Iowa City location. Sounds like we'll be pouring in the back room, maybe having the wort rally beer on the bar taps? (Not confirmed). We'll need to bring at the very least the club table-top bar for the non-wort rally beers. As a back-up, I suggest bringing some way to pour your own beer, similar to what we do for the Lion Bridge wort rally. Sounds like they're trying to produce some special event tasting glasses with the Big Grove/Film Scene logo on it. Everybody pouring will get one.

What I need from you: If you are you planning on pouring non-wort rally beer, let me know. Doug wants to make sure we get your name on the contributors list. Also, let me know if you received wort but aren't able to make it to the pouring, I should have some capacity to take extra beer down.

Any questions, let me know!
~Josh Peanasky
wyzzyrdd

Post by wyzzyrdd »

I will not be at the pour event. I have a conflict on that day.
Pat McCusker
tony b

Post by tony b »

I will be there to pour/attend.

I have one wort rally beer and could bring a 2nd non-wort-rally beer, if needed?

Matt F

Post by Matt F »

I will be pouring at the event. I did not get wort rally wort. Making my own. Probably bringing Liquid Weed NEIPA. I could bring the trailer down if we want to use the bar. Parking is a bit tight for that though.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Friend of the Devil Belgian Golden Strong
Imperial Stout