2019 Festiv-Ale

Events around the area.
crcyclone87

Re: 2019 Festiv-Ale

Post by crcyclone87 »

I will be out of town that weekend for my niece's wedding but I can contribute a couple beers for the festival. I will add them to the app.
Cal Corrin
House Divided Brewery
jjpeanasky

Post by jjpeanasky »

I plan on driving down, I put my beer on the app. Looking forward to another hot festival!

- Josh Peanasky
carrisr
Site Admin

Post by carrisr »

So far the following people have indicated that they might or will go: Randy, Tony, Daryl, Shane, and Josh. If this is not correct please let us know.

We need to work out logistics. Are we bringing the trailer or just using the tap box? If the former, who will tow it? Are we carpooling?

I could possibly tow the trailer. But I also have plenty of space in my van if we go the tap box route, which would be easier. I could also provide passenger space as well either way.

I'll also bring my pop up tent for shade. We will need to clean the lines of whichever setup we use. So someone will need to bring a keg with cleaner and another for rinsing. Anything else?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Randy Carris
Randy All the Time Brewing
tony b

Post by tony b »

I am planning to attend, but I'm going down on Friday to meet a friend. So I'll hook up with the rest of you on Saturday at the event. I don't have any beer line cleaner, but I can bring a keg of StarSan or just plain water?

Be prepared, as the Weather Service has issued a severe heat index warning starting Wednesday and running through Saturday evening. Temps will be in the upper 90s and the heat index will be approaching 110F!! So bring plenty of sunscreen and water/Gatorade.

Issued by: Davenport/Quad Cities - IA, US, National Weather Service,
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING... The National Weather Service in Quad Cities has issued an Excessive Heat Watch, which is in effect from Wednesday afternoon through Saturday evening. * Heat Index Values...Ranging from 100 to 110 due to temperatures in the mid to upper 90s...and dewpoints in the low to mid 70s.
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
jjpeanasky

Post by jjpeanasky »

It looks like we have 8 keg beers. I'm tempted to say just bring the tap box. That holds 6, so we can either do a small swap or I can bring 2 disconnect adapters to serve right from the keg. Just need to make sure we have a few extra disconnects for them.

I do have BLC, but all my spare kegs are in storage. If someone brings a leg with water I can bring the blc.

I plan on driving on my own.

- Josh Peanasky
tony b

Post by tony b »

I have a spare empty keg right now, so I can just bring it full of water then.

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
tony b

Post by tony b »

Well, we survived the heat!! It was seriously hot/humid during setup @ 11. Fortunately, the front came through late in the afternoon and it got a lot better, especially for take-down. I think attendance was down this year, due to the heat. Not the line to get in like last year. But, everyone had a good time and there was a lot of good stuff to try from the other folks there. Everyone seems excited about coming to our Festival. Handed out a lot of flyers.