Freezer Repair

Discussions about brewing equipment / design.
DrPaulsen

Freezer Repair

Post by DrPaulsen »

I have an old 5 cu ft freezer that I've been using for a lagerator for the past 10 years or so. It recently decided to stop cooling. The compressor runs and I checked all the relays, switches, caps, etc, but it just won't get cold. Now I'm thinking it's out of freon and needs to be re-charged. Have any of you guys ever tried something like that on a freezer or fridge? I found some cheap equipment on Amazon that looks like it would do the trick but also know nothing about working with Freon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
mjensen52402

Re: Freezer Repair

Post by mjensen52402 »

DrPaulsen wrote:I have an old 5 cu ft freezer that I've been using for a lagerator for the past 10 years or so. It recently decided to stop cooling. The compressor runs and I checked all the relays, switches, caps, etc, but it just won't get cold. Now I'm thinking it's out of freon and needs to be re-charged. Have any of you guys ever tried something like that on a freezer or fridge? I found some cheap equipment on Amazon that looks like it would do the trick but also know nothing about working with Freon.

Contact Mike Young from the Ankeny Homebrew club on The Facebook. He had a similar issue and fixed it with a cheap part off of The Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
DrPaulsen

Post by DrPaulsen »

Thanks.

DrPaulsen

Post by DrPaulsen »

Mike suggested a part to me that I had bought maybe 9 years ago to bring a 3 door True cooler back from the dead. I should really write the shit I do down when it works so I remember it.

tony b

Post by tony b »

DrPaulsen wrote:Mike suggested a part to me that I had bought maybe 9 years ago to bring a 3 door True cooler back from the dead. I should really write the shit I do down when it works so I remember it.

But, would you remember where you put it after you wrote it down?? LOL!
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
TappedOut

Post by TappedOut »

Hey Lee, what part is that. I have an upright freezer that I have been using as a fridge, that died on me this week.
DrPaulsen

Post by DrPaulsen »

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A8O0E5Y/re ... OEbF50XP01