Homebrew Con 2020

Events around the area.
brianhall1024

Re: Homebrew Con 2020

Post by brianhall1024 »

I might be interested in going. If we are taking the trailer, i might be able to pull it as well..but that's a long trip.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
wyzzyrdd

Post by wyzzyrdd »

Hotel booked for NHC. Arriving on Wed 6/17 and leaving Sun 6/21
Pat McCusker
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

I cannot go, but if you pour beer I could send a keg of FYF IPA.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Friend of the Devil Belgian Golden Strong
Imperial Stout
tony b

Post by tony b »

Early Bird Registration opened this morning - can save a few $$ if you book it now.

I registered for the Full package and the West Nashville Brewery Tour on Wednesday. It was a coin toss between that one and the East tour.

Had a bit of a hiccup over the weekend - American changed all my flights to/from Nashville to really sucky flight times - example, the outbound flight was so early that I'd have had to drop Kipper off at the kennel the night before - one extra night of boarding ($). Fortunately, I'd booked through Travelocity and they changed them all to what was closer to my original schedule - free of charge! Easy-peasy!
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
twiggy2164

Post by twiggy2164 »

1st round judging is postponed.

Tattoo Travis
carrisr
Site Admin

Post by carrisr »

Yeah got that notice too. I'd wager they will cancel the competition.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Randy Carris
Randy All the Time Brewing
tony b

Post by tony b »

As of this past Monday, AHA hasn't cancelled or delayed HomebrewCon yet. Obviously things could change in the next 2 months.

Attendee Update: April 13, 2020
Dear American Homebrewers Association members and Homebrew Lovers,
With Homebrew Con 2020 two months away, we have not made any changes to the dates or location. We’re still planning on June 18-20 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn.
Given the uncertainty caused by COVID-19, we have extended the early registration deadline indefinitely.
The city of Nashville currently has a Safe at Home order in place through April 24. In the event that the local or federal authorities encourage us to postpone or cancel Homebrew Con, registered attendees will receive a full refund. We will email all registrants if this is the case.
We will post an updates in a coming weeks as we have new information.
In the meantime, stay safe, relax, don’t worry, have a homebrew,
The staff at the American Homebrewers Association

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
tony b

Post by tony b »

Not surprisingly, AHA has officially CANCELLED HomebrewCon for this year in Nashville. Those that registered should have gotten the email with the options for refund/transfer to 2021 HBC.

On the "good news" side of this - the notice announces that the 2021 HBC will be back in San Diego at the Town & Country Convention Center!!! It's been held there twice before and I've been both times. It's a great venue and of course, we all know how great the San Diego area is for craft breweries. So, despite the dark times that we have now, we have something to look forward to for next year! :D

Drink up and be safe!

andrewmaixner

Post by andrewmaixner »

https://na.eventscloud.com/ereg/index.p ... tid=542491&
Homebrew Con Online | June 18-20, 2020
Join your fellow homebrewers online for top-notch educational content, virtual meet-ups and happy hours, sponsored demonstrations, and awards presentations!
Choose from two registration packages:
Homebrew Con 2020 Online: $99
Three days of 20+ live seminars, meet-ups, and sponsored demos. All seminars are online and will be accessible after the event.

That almost begs for a 3-day happy hour in someone's basement to drink and watch presentations on a bigscreen
tony b

Post by tony b »

It's got Franklin's basement written all over it!

Matt F

Post by Matt F »

We only have 1.5 DSL at my crib, so not so great. I have to work off my hot spot.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Friend of the Devil Belgian Golden Strong
Imperial Stout
tony b

Post by tony b »

A "heads up" - if you're even remotely thinking about going to HomebrewCon in 2021 in San Diego, the hotel (Town & Country) is taking reservations now. I just made mine. Go through the AHA website to make sure that you get the conference rate. You get tagged on your credit card for a 1 night deposit, but you can cancel anytime up to 48 hours before your arrival date.

brianhall1024

Post by brianhall1024 »

Thanks Tony for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk