Is everyone ok?

Club members only - Send a Personal Message to moderator for Access
andrewmaixner

Is everyone ok?

Post by andrewmaixner »

My house survived intact, and our neighborhood is pretty much cleaned up now (except the trees in houses which are waiting for professionals).
No power, but we have a generator for our refrigeration stuff.

Is there anyone that has major issues still and needs help?
brianhall1024

Re: Is everyone ok?

Post by brianhall1024 »

doing ok here!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
karl

Post by karl »

All safe here.

But, could really use a tree service with a crane to get the tree out of the house.

Karl

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
On Tap at the Laughing-Kitten Pub:
* Foggy Bottom NEIPA
* Gluten Free Stoutish Ale
* Botched Bitter
* Club Barrel Robust Porter (cellar)
On deck/fermenting:
* Belle's Helles (cue AC/DC)
tony b

Post by tony b »

Kipper and I are OK. No major damage to the house. Lots of tree damage. City crews cleared our street Tuesday afternoon. I got power back at dinner time on Thursday. Tree service coming tomorrow to clear out the big stuff and dangling limbs. Tree limb took out the cable box in the back of the house. So, I'm not going to get internet back for quite a while.

Hope everyone is doing OK. Holler if you need anythinga
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

FB_IMG_1597250436907.jpg
(76.51 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Everyone OK at my house. No major damage to structures. I probably lost 100 trees. Hardly any left. Took two days to cut through over 25 trees just get a narrow path up the driveway. Been helping clear tree damage at other peoples houses. Mine isn't going anywhere soon. Going to chip away at it, shove it in to piles and have frequent fires in the backyard pit for several years.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Friend of the Devil Belgian Golden Strong
Imperial Stout
daryl

Post by daryl »

Marilyn and I were returning from a vacation on Dauphin Island AL, via a brief stop at Cincinnati (so I could check in on my sisters).
We rode the storm out in the Tipton Walmart Parking lot. We saw a grain bin blown off its foundation and rolled into the Cedar County Historical Society building.....overall it was a bad day for grain bins...the huge bins in Springville are a total loss - it will be a race to get them replaced before harvest.
I have a lot of trees down, but none of them are in places that I need regular access; it's going to be a marathon, not a sprint, to clear them out.....We lost one shingle, when a tree branch hit the front porch roof, and left a dent in the drip edge; and one window blew out on one of the out buildings. Our corn crib should have been blown down, but a tree held it up.
All in all, we were really, really lucky.
I see a whole house generator in our near future.
In the Fridge/On Tap: English Bitter, Schwarzbier, Cream Ale
In the keg: Wheat Beer, Russian Imperial Stout
In the bucket:
In the queue: Irish Red, American IPA