December 8th - Club Pot Luck

Announcements and Discussions about brew-club meetings
DaveCo

December 8th - Club Pot Luck

Post by DaveCo »

All:

I thought I would start this post to the get the ball rolling for the December 8th Club Pot Luck. We need to determine who is bringing what for food. Here are the dishes that we need. Please post what dish you will bring.

Main Course
Appetizers
Side Dishes
Dessert

Feel free to add dishes and any other information that is required.

Thanks

Dave

I (Jim Eichstadt) will be hosting the December holiday party at my house on December 8th.
Schedule:
5:30 – 6:00 informal gathering
6:00 - 7:00 beer tasting
7:00 - 8:00 pot luck dinner .

Please RSVP number attending and what you are bringing for the pot luck, I will have a meat dish or two, maybe some other stuff depending on what others are bringing.
Bring a commercial or homebrew holiday themed beer (or anything) for a people’s choice tasting. Probably 2-3 (12oz) bottles.
I do not have a lot of beer glasses, so you may want to bring your own.

I live at 405 Wildflower DR, Fairfax. Direction to my house are below. Call me at 845-6092 or 573-5440 if you need assistance.
From downtown Cedar Rapids take I380 south to HWY 30
Go west on HWY 30 to Williams BLVD SW (HWY 151)
Go South on HWY 151 (towards the Amanas) for 1 mile to Prairie View DR. Note: There is a stop light at corner of HWY 151 and Stony Point RD/Beverly RD; Prairie View DR is the next left after stop light, about 1 block.
Take a Left onto Prairie View Drive. Continue on Prairie View DR unitl it dead ends and turn left onto Prairie View Circle.
Go one block and turn left onto Wildflower DR.
My house is the 3rd house on the left. (There will be a couple of xmas deer lights in the front yard)

Here is a google maps link of the area, you can zoom in and look at sat
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll= ... &z=15&om=1

Happy Holidays,

Jim Eichstadt
DaveCo

Post by DaveCo »

Jim:

Mary and I plan on attending. I will bring flourless chocolate cake. Let me know if you need me to bring anything else.

Dave
bkanderson

Party, party party

Post by bkanderson »

Dave, what are you going to bring for Karissa and I? I was thinking you could make some kind of appetizer for us. Maybe the bread thingy with tomatoes on it and cheese. I really liked that.

Anyway...Karissa and I will be attending and depending on what Dave decides to make sure us, I will let you know what we are bringing soon.
Gjoseph

Post by Gjoseph »

Sorry I cannot make it, my wife's xmas party is that night - free food, free beer, free cab rides!!
bkanderson

Post by bkanderson »

After speaking with my wife, the tastefully simple rep, we are going to bring several different types of cheese dips, and pumpkin bars.
tony b

Regrets

Post by tony b »

:cry: I'll be out of town on business, so I'll have to miss it. Tip back a couple for me!!

Everyone, have a Happy Holidays! See you at the January meeting.

Tony
tompb

Post by tompb »

Put me down for barbqued meatballs and bourbon baked beans.

Tom
pete

Holiday Pot Luck...

Post by pete »

Jim, thanks for hosting this!!

Weather and schedule (4-H and presidential candidate meeting) permitting, I plan to attend, and my wife, Katy, and our 2 children (12 and 15) will be joining me a little later in the evening. We will bring a cilantro bean salad.

Thanks, Pete
Trial & Error Brewing
exdevildogcpl

Holiday Party

Post by exdevildogcpl »

My wife (Anne) and I plan to attend. We may be a little late. We plan on bringing an appetizer/snack, bacon wrapped little smokies (which I've brought before to the July picnic).

Bob
DaveCo

Post by DaveCo »

All:

Here is the list of food that is being brought, those that are not planning on attending and those who haven't responded:

David Coughlin – Flourless Chocolate cake and tomato tart.
Brian Anderson – Appetizers
Bob Spina - bacon wrapped little smokies
Pete Diltz - cilantro bean salad
Tom Burns - barbequed meatballs and bourbon baked beans
David Ard – Can not attend
Greg Joseph - Can not attend
Tony Browning - Can not attend
Adam Bumpus – No response.
Derek Doan – No response.
Matt Franklin – No response.
Karl Hoech – No response.
Matt Nowick – No response.
Jeremy Orchuck – No response.
Larry Papkin – No response.
Jim Potts – No response.
Mark Rippe – No response.
Matt Sander – No response.
Travis Sauchenko – No response.
Ryan Stock – No response.
Chris Zubak – No response.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Abby and I will attend...we will bring the Roast Beast to share with all the Who's in WhoVille.....(BBQ Brisket).
DaveCo

Post by DaveCo »

Post from Matth Franklin.

At this point, I do not know if I can come December 8. I am a single parent that weekend and I am not sure if I have child care yet.
JimPotts
Site Admin

Post by JimPotts »

DaveCo wrote:I will bring flourless chocolate cake.Dave
You $%!*%&#!! I just bought all my chocolate to make it. But nooooo. Every time Jim makes flourless chocolate cake, Dave has to make it too....

I'll just have to find a way to cancel your Cooks Illustrated subscription. :)

-Jim P
DaveCo

Post by DaveCo »

No problem, I will make cheese cake instead. Let me know if you have had chance to look into why Matt Franklin and Travis can't login into the website. Thanks Dave
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

At risk of speaking for my lovely wife and other choco-fanatics of the world, I would vote for both chocolate cakes and simply do not see a problem with too much of a good thing. Perhaps we can stretch ourselves a bit and do some port tasting along with it.....