2022 Drink Local Festival

diveshlakhi

Re: 2022 Drink Local Festival

Post by diveshlakhi »

We have 27 breweries, 7 homebrew clubs, 1 food truck, and a DJ for our event so far (07/14):

Pros:
Allerton
Backpocket
Big Grove
BIT
Brightside Aleworks
Cat's Eye Distillery
Clock House
Confluence
Firetrucker
Fishback and Stephenson Cider
Front Street
House Divided
Iowa Brewing
Jefferson County Ciderworks
Kalona Brewing Company
Lark Brewing
Lion Bridge - They will provide everything, we just need a volunteer to pour their beers
Millstream
Nerdspeak Brewery
No Coast
Peace Tree
Pequod Distributors
Second State
Textile
Twin Span Brewing
Wild Culture Kombucha
Wilson's and Sutliff Cider - same tent

Homebrew Clubs:
Ankeny
Burlington MOB
CRAZE
CRBS
IBU
MUGZ
THIRSTY

Food Trucks:
Island Vybz Mobile Rasta

Music:
Analog Vault

We've sold 66 tickets so far.
Last edited by diveshlakhi on Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
diveshlakhi

Post by diveshlakhi »

Our homepage https://cedarrapidsbrewingsociety.org/ still has the festival info from 2019. Who has the rights to be able to update that?
diveshlakhi

Post by diveshlakhi »

Our friend Dave Rhinehart has updated the heroku app. We can now have breweries enter their beers as well. Jim Potts helped us change the domain name on the heroku app to cedar rapids brewing society.

http://app.cedarrapidsbrewingsociety.org/festivals/37

Start entering your beers here for the festival!

We're at 28 craft vendors, 7 homebrew clubs as of now. Sold 64 tickets. Please share with your friends to help increase ticket sales! Thank you.
tony b

Post by tony b »

Hurray for DAVE! We miss you, buddy!

Thanks Pottsie for the assist!
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
laloeb

Post by laloeb »

Can you ask Dave to create entries for the other upcoming festivals, Brew-B-Que 2022 and Iowa Craft Beer Bash 2022? I know whatever we bring to them will depend on what beers we have left after our own festival, but I would like to get something in place to track anticipated beers to relay to the other festival organizers. Thanks!
Logan Loeb
tony b

Post by tony b »

As I posted over in the Brew-B-Que post, we need to coordinate all these events to make sure that we have enough beers to cover all of them - PLUS, we have a Happy Hour at LBB the day after Independence!

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
diveshlakhi

Post by diveshlakhi »

laloeb wrote:Can you ask Dave to create entries for the other upcoming festivals, Brew-B-Que 2022 and Iowa Craft Beer Bash 2022? I know whatever we bring to them will depend on what beers we have left after our own festival, but I would like to get something in place to track anticipated beers to relay to the other festival organizers. Thanks!
Don't need Dave's help for it. Anyone with admin rights can create an upcoming festival. I was hesitant to do it so early because I've sent the link to all the participating vendors at Drink Local to enter their beers. I can create the new festival links now if needed and hopefully it shouldn't cause any confusion.
diveshlakhi

Post by diveshlakhi »

Here is the advertising poster for our 10th Annual Drink Local Festival. I will be posting these at various businesses to help boost ticket sales. Physical tickets are also at sale at Benz.

The cabinet decided it will sell these posters to club members for $5 (if you'd like to have one). The poster was done by a professional graphic designer so the payment would be to offset the cost of the design and poster printing charges. I will be bringing the poster to this month's happy hour (or you'll hopefully see it at several local businesses before then).

There's a total of 29 craft vendors, 7 homebrew clubs, 2 food trucks, and a DJ participating. We've sold 84 tickets so far. Please help spread the word, get people excited about the festival, and boost ticket sales.
Attachments
Drink_Local_2022_Poster_Final.jpg
Poster for Drink Local 2022
(5.93 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
diveshlakhi

Post by diveshlakhi »

Please sign up to help out at the festival.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4C ... FBC52-2022
diveshlakhi

Post by diveshlakhi »

We're less than 2 weeks away from our festival. Please like and share anything you see on social media. I really need everyone's help in getting the numbers up this year. The Cedar Ridge Blues Festival and Barks & Brews is on the same day. Please like and share our advertisements so it reaches more people.

102 tickets sold so far. Let's get that number to 800. Thank you.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

diveshlakhi wrote:Please sign up to help out at the festival.

Do we still need a volunteer to pour Lion Bridge beer at the festival? I’m available if needed since I’ve been gone for awhile and didn’t get time to brew for the festival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
diveshlakhi

Post by diveshlakhi »

Thanks Mike! I think that should work. I'll run it by the cabinet on Thursday.
MikeB wrote:
diveshlakhi wrote:Please sign up to help out at the festival.

Do we still need a volunteer to pour Lion Bridge beer at the festival? I’m available if needed since I’ve been gone for awhile and didn’t get time to brew for the festival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
diveshlakhi

Post by diveshlakhi »

Please sign up if you'd like to volunteer at our event. We have 39 vendors this year so we'll need lots of help. Thank you!

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4c ... fbc52-2022
tony b

Post by tony b »

I'm willing to help Mike pour at LBB's tent for an hour or so.

diveshlakhi

Post by diveshlakhi »

Please drop off your kegs at Benz before the club meeting at Iowa Brewing Company. I'll drop off tags, a sharpie, and a spreadsheet. Tag your kegs. See you all at 7pm.

The Drink Local after party is at Clock House. We'll head there after cleanup.

Continue promoting the event on social media and to your friends. Hoping we don't get rained on. Let's make this a great time for everyone!

172 tickets sold so far.