Club members only - Send a Personal Message to moderator for Access
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

We will discuss a final itinerary at the next meeting so those who are going can have input into the final trip. We will do so after getting through other topics of business and post the final trip itinerary to the website.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Friend of the Devil Belgian Golden Strong
Imperial Stout
BrewHound

Post by BrewHound »

Thanks Boss!
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

It sounds like , as expected, a few more people would like to join us for the beer trip. There is no bus! Not sure why that is still unclear.

There is an RV that will be hauling people staying the night. Sounds like we are camping at the Barn Party. Yeah! Brian, when will you get the RV so we can figure out how many people can ride? I know it sleeps six and I already volunteered to use a tent and even share. I figure in an RV we can add a lawn chair if necessary.

I understand David rented a van that will carry 7 passengers, driver included, thanks David! This van will be driving up and returning home the same day.

I heard at the last meeting a few more people want to come for the day and return home. The late additions will need to figure out how they are getting there. If four or less, I recommend someone volunteer a car. The club will pay for gas. No need to rent another vehicle for a couple people.

We will leave at 8am from the Wal-Mart parking lot in Marion. That means be there around 7:30 am so we can be on the road at 8am. First stop is New Glarus. We can discuss where we want to go from there during the two hour drive.

After New Glarus we should head straight to Ale Asylum for lunch. Madison does a huge fireworks show that puts CR's to shame that Saturday night. A local told me you won't be able to drive around Ale Asylum in the evening because of fireworks traffic. We should start there and make our way back through downtown which is the correct direction towards home and the barn party. There is a new beer bar that just opened which is owned by the president of the Madison homebrew club and is near Ale Asylum. I would say make that the next stop and who knows after that.

Since we do not have a hard itinerary, or definate number of people, I will not be able to make any arrangements at the establishments to let them know we are coming. Next year we will probably have to dictate more of a schedule to get any special treatment. We will learn a lot from this first club beer trip.

P.S. This should be a blast! Get plenty of sleep Friday night.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Imperial Stout
tony b

Post by tony b »

Sleep? With BBQ Round-up going on - DUDE! If there's one thing I love as much as beer, it's great BBQ! I salivate like Pavlov's dogs all year waiting for Round-up.

So, if I show up hungover on Sat. morning, Dave will just have to drive faster to New Glarus for my eye opener!!

tb
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

At least you know we will have a cure for you. I am out of town Friday so will not likely be able to check email.

Remember everyone, lets leave at 8am. Be there before that. Weather doesn't look too bad. Not hot.

Saturday, Jun 28
High: 79 °F RealFeel®: 78 °F
Variable cloudiness with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm; breezy

Saturday Night, Jun 28
Low: 57 °F RealFeel®: 56 °F
Partly cloudy with a couple of showers late
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
American IPA
Strata Hazy IPA
Dr. Lee Orval
American Strong Ale
Imperial Stout
BrewHound

Post by BrewHound »

My wife told me last night that she didn't realize that she was the only "chick" going for the overnight and has backed out on me! So that is one less. However, I am sure that I will be able to find a replacement "chick" somewhere along the way!
BrewHound

Thank you

Post by BrewHound »

I just wanted to put a thank you out there for all of the Beer Nut members who made the Madison trip possible.

- Thank you to Brian and Michelle for driving our drunk asses around and tolerating 6 back seat drivers

- An even bigger thanks again to Michelle for helping my wife set up our tent, when it was discoved by me that I was to drunk to set up a tent that I had never set up before (big save on that one thanks Michelle :-)).

- Thanks to Matt Franklin for getting us to our destinations. How you could even see the map is beyond me (let alone reading the damn thing).

- Larry, you the man, if it wasn't for you telling us all to shut up during the meetings we never would have even gone.

- A big thanks to Tom as well. "HE DOESN'T LIKE US, BUT AT LEAST HE CAN TOLERATE US!"

Jeremy
Lower Case T

Post by Lower Case T »

He doesn't like us, or he doesn't not like us yet? HAA!
LCT
tompb

Post by tompb »

Hey don't take it personally. I don't really like anyone, and I don't tolerate most of those. Hell when I'm drinking I don't even like myself.
Though I think drinking makes me tolerate others better. Looking forward to our next outing.

Tom
Lower Case T

Post by Lower Case T »

Heres to beer!
LCT
tony b

Post by tony b »

We had a great time, even though we didn't camp overnight at the Barn. Enjoyed a nice dinner at Grumpy Troll.

Hats off to Matt for finding the tap room in Madison - Killer good beer!!!

Looking forward to the next trip.

Hurray for Beer!!
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
bkanderson

Post by bkanderson »

Also a big thanks to LCT for providing the IPA beverage that went into the RV. It was the perfect additional to make a good trip GREAT.

Thank you Travis for all you do at the brewery to keep our belly full of great tasting beer.

I would also like to thank my sister Lori who provided the RV for us to drive.
Brian Anderson
Lower Case T

Post by Lower Case T »

Awwe, I think I'm gonna cry :) Anytime you need some IPA mixed with a little Brown Ale, you just ask!
LCT
BrewHound

Post by BrewHound »

I need some IPA mixed with Brown Ale. Can I expect you to drop a keg by the front door of my work.

I will be waiting outside for it!
Lower Case T

Post by Lower Case T »

No problem. Just wait there. I'll be right over.
LCT