Drink Local 2019

Events around the area.
carrisr
Site Admin

Drink Local 2019

Post by carrisr »

August 17th from 1-5 pm at Benz Beverage on 7th Ave SE. Homebrew clubs and local breweries from around Iowa will join forces for one of the best kept beer fest secrets in the Midwest. If you love craft beer, mead, and ciders you don't want to miss this one. Well over 100+ beverages to try, food by the Sausage Foundry, and music from the Analogue Vault. There will be a ton of beers that you won't be able to try anywhere else. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door, so don't wait. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cedar-rapi ... 0266092505 A portion of the proceeds goes to support Pints for Prostates and local charities.

Here's the list of Breweries that are joining us so far:
5 Cities Brewing
Back Pocket
Big's BBQ Brewpub
Clockhouse Brewing
Contrary Brewing
Fishback and Stephenson Cidery
East Grove Meadery
Front Street
Guildwurst Tavern/Boot 'n Flute
Iowa Brewing Company
Jefferson County Ciderworks
Kalona Brewing
Lark Brewing
Lion Bridge
Mistress Brewing
No Coast
Peace Tree Brewing
Reclaimed Rails Brewing
Reunion Brewing
Thew Brewing
Third Base
Wilson's Orchard

Here's the Homebrew clubs:
Ankeny Area Brewers Club
Burlington MOB
CRAZE (Cedar Falls)
Cedar Rapids Brewing Society
IBU (Des Moines)
MUGZ (Quad Cities)
REFS (Quad Cities)
THIRSTY (Iowa City)

We expect to hear from even more as we get closer to the fest! If you are homebrewer or part of a professional brewery (cider and mead too) and want to be a part of this epic event, let us know.
Randy Carris
Randy All the Time Brewing
jjpeanasky

Re: Drink Local 2019

Post by jjpeanasky »

Are we running up on deadline for adding beer to the app? We have details on volunteer opportunities and timing?

- Josh Peanasky
Schwerkraftbrauer

Post by Schwerkraftbrauer »

I plan on being there early in the morning to help set up tents, tables and things. And I'll bring my little portable LP Weber grill like I did at Benz for anybody that wants to bring stuff for a quick lunch before we get started
Jones County Joel

Grassy Null Brewery
carrisr
Site Admin

Post by carrisr »

I'm sure Mark will chime in here once he gets sorted out after his vacation. But I expect we'll have a sign up sheet soon. Ideally beers should be entered by evening Wednesday the 14th. I'd think everyone should know what they've got by this weekend. We need time to get the list together and get number tags ready for drop offs at Benz.

We'll likely have pizza or something dropped off for everyone setting up by around noon again.

Also, please do your part to promote this event. Tell everyone you know. Share the event on Facebook. Tickets are in Eventbrite, just search for Drink Local. They also get the link at the event listing on Fb.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Randy Carris
Schwerkraftbrauer

Post by Schwerkraftbrauer »

carrisr wrote:
We'll likely have pizza or something dropped off for everyone setting up by around noon

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Scratch the grill idea, i forgot about the pizzas last year
Jones County Joel

Grassy Null Brewery
mjensen52402

Post by mjensen52402 »

Here is the link for signing up for tasks.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0545ACA62BA13-crbs

We have more breweries than last year, fewer homebrew clubs. Burlington MOB dropped out because nobody has been brewing for a number of reasons. I hope they can get their difficulties straightened out for the next festival. They were fun.

We currently have 168 glasses left over from 2018, and 144 from previous years, for a total of 302 glasses. They are currently sold out of the glasses we had in 2018. I ordered 244 of the Libbey 5 oz juice glass with last year's logo.

Porta potties, hand washing stations, ice, glasses, security, permits, food, music are all ordered. I sent 10 of the 4 x 6 note cards to all breweries attending and told them to bring their own fan club if they want to see larger crowds in front of their tent.

I need to order tables and chairs.

Enter your beers on the app.
tony b

Post by tony b »

FYI - I am NOT signing up to be the Flavor Magician this year. Who ever wants the job, contact me and I'll get you the Amoretti and bottles.
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
carrisr
Site Admin

Post by carrisr »

Please remember to take care of and thank all of the breweries who are pouring at our Fest on Saturday. We're not paying them anything to be there. They are businesses and are choosing to pour their products for free for a good cause. Many of them are travelling several hours to be here. Some of these folks are also donating their time as well. The same goes for members of other clubs.
Randy Carris
mjensen52402

Post by mjensen52402 »

I have 2 x 5 gallons of non alcoholic seltzer. IDK if we are having a separate soda table yet.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
wyzzyrdd

Post by wyzzyrdd »

Will tags be ready for kegs tonight if we drop them at Benz?
Pat McCusker
mjensen52402

Post by mjensen52402 »

wyzzyrdd wrote:Will tags be ready for kegs tonight if we drop them at Benz?
Yes.
wyzzyrdd

Post by wyzzyrdd »

mjensen52402 wrote:
wyzzyrdd wrote:Will tags be ready for kegs tonight if we drop them at Benz?
Yes.
Great, thanks
Pat McCusker